|PRICE:||R 3,000.00 Incl. VAT|
|CALIBER||7.65mm (.32 ACP)|
|ACTION||Semi-automatic - Direct Blowback|
|CONDITION||Good used condition|
FIREARM HISTORY AND FEATURES:
The Vz. 70, also known as the CZ 70 or Model 70, is an updated and upgraded version of the CZ Vz. 50 pistol.
It is a Czech made all-steel, double-action/single-action, 8-shot, direct blowback semi-automatic pistol chambered in 7.65mm (.32 ACP) that takes many design elements from the Walther PP and PPK.
It was designed in and produced from 1940 at the request of Czechoslovakia’s Ministry of the Interior, and most were distributed to police agencies under their control, while some were sold commercially.
In 1970, an update of the Vz. 50 was released with minor cosmetic changes and internal improvements, which became known as the Vz. 70. These changes included:
- New grip shape with a larger tang.
- Milling on the trigger guard was changed to a more blended merge with the frame, removing sharp angles.
- New grip pattern using a grid of dimples instead of grooves.
- Top of the slide is engraved with a fine wave pattern to reduce glare.
- Slide serrations are wider and there are more of them.
- Take down lever has a cross hatched instead of grooved surface.
- Larger hammer with a hole in it.
- Smaller magazine release.
- Magazines have new base with a more angular and less curved shape
- Grip extension via a modified floor-plate on the magazine.
Production of the Vz. 70 ended in 1983 when it was replaced by more modern 9mm Vz.82 pistol.
The remaining Vz. 70 pistols were sold commercially as surplus, meaning that they are quite common in the commercial second-hand market.
This gun is in good used condition. It is mechanically sound and functional.
The overall, original finish is very good, with only some very light wear on the front of the grip and some edges of the slide.
There are also a few tiny, light marks on sides of slide, which are almost indiscernible.
The original plastic grip panels are still good with some very light, small scratches in places.
It has a threaded barrel including a thread cap (with some slight discolouration).
Note: the base plate of its included magazine does not appear to be correct.
Extra magazines for this firearm available from Special Armory
This firearm is suitable for home self-defense and is perfect for every-day, concealed or pocket carry.
This firearm is suitable for use in the following sports:
- STEEL CHALLENGE